Celebrate National Dental Hygiene Month with these tips for keeping your smile healthy and bright
October may be recognized as National Dental Hygiene Month, but dental hygiene should be recognized and practiced daily to maintain healthy gums and teeth, fresh breath and a beautiful smile.
Many serious teeth problems can be prevented by following simple but consistent oral hygiene. Here are a few tips for keeping your smile healthy and bright:
- Brush your teeth twice daily using a toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- Use dental floss every day to clean between your teeth where toothbrushes can’t reach
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet and avoid sugar-laden foods and beverages.
- Quit smoking and stay away from tobacco products like chewing tobacco which can wreak havoc on your gums.
- Visit a dentist every six months for ...