Free Athletic Mouth Guards - Children Under 12
Does your child participate in sports like soccer, football, or baseball? Are you aware that dentists estimate nearly 40% of traumatic dental injuries occur while playing sports? Of those injuries, it’s estimated that about 80% affect one or more front teeth.
We don’t want to minimize anyone’s enjoyment of playing organized sports, but Dr. Maria Yazji has seen many sports-related dental injuries in the years she’s been practicing dentistry. Many of these could have been avoided by using a customized athletic mouth guard.
Free Custom Mouth Guards for Your Child
At Dr. Maria Yazji Orthodontics, we want to do everything possible to ensure your child enjoys a healthy smile for life. For this reason, we’re pleased to offer free customized mouth guards to all children under the age of 12, even if you're not a patient. This is a service we provide free of charge because it’s our responsibility to do what we can to protect the precious oral health of all the children in our community.
Of all the athletic mouth guards available today, our customized guards provide the ultimate protection for your child’s teeth. Unlike “boil and bite” or generic mouth guards, our custom mouth guards are made using a dental model of your child’s mouth.
This creates a perfect fit, so the guard is more comfortable, and your child is more likely to wear it when necessary. The material used for our custom mouth guards is also much stronger and can stand up to greater force than generic guards.
Protect Your Child’s Future Oral Health
Dental injuries are an unfortunate consequence of playing sports – falls, collisions with other players, contact with hard surfaces, and contact with equipment can all lead to dental trauma. Considering this, it’s easy to see the importance of protecting your teeth and mouth with an athletic mouth guard during sports.
A dental injury experienced while your child’s teeth are still developing can have a significant impact on their future oral health. Even an injury that you may not consider to be major can cause potentially serious and costly dental problems in the future.
Here a few more statistics related to sports-related dental injuries from the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry:
- Children between the ages of 7 and 11 are the most susceptible to sports-related dental injury.
- Basketball and baseball have been shown to have the highest incidence of sports-related dental injuries in children between the ages of 7 and 17 years of age. Specifically, baseball has the highest incidence of injuries within the 7- to 12-year-old age group.
- Dental injuries are not just a problem with contact sports. A recent national survey confirmed the bicycle as the consumer sports product most commonly related to dental trauma in children.
Please Contact Us to Arrange an Appointment
Customized athletic mouth guards for your child just make good sense. And what’s better than free? Please contact our Miami, Brickell, or Weston office to arrange an appointment so we can fit your child for their free mouth guard.
- Invisalign Teen
- Anywhere Orthodontics
- Early Treatment
- Incognito Lingual Braces
- Insignia Advanced Smile Design
- Silver & Ceramic Braces
- WildSmiles Braces for Kids
- Express Lane
- OAT Treatment for Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Free Athletic Mouth Guards - Children Under 12
- Zoom! Teeth Whitening